Local. Independent. Community-Focused.
Serving the community is a core mission for the Dickson County Family YMCA. It’s not just a slogan on a website.
All membership fees stay in our local community through investments in our facility and staff, and they also allow us to support our community partners through various programs.
• The Dickson YMCA supports 114 different local nonprofits and community organizations
• Certified Crisis Center for the American Red Cross - emergency shelter during times of crisis
• American Red Cross partner through hosting blood drives
• Official Warming Station for Dickson County – keeping our community safe during extreme temperature drops
• Dickson County Emergency System Plan partner - we're one call away from unlocking our door, turning on our
lights, to meet the needs of our community during a natural disaster
• Mobile Food Pantry – this year we’ve distributed over 160,000 pounds of food to our community.
The Dickson County Family YMCA is so much more than a gym.
It's where your membership makes an impact in the community far beyond our four walls.
Winter Warming Station
The Dickson County Family YMCA supports our community by opening as a Warming Station for the homeless when overnight winter temperatures drop,
To make sure we have all the supplies needed to support those in need, we always welcome donations. Download the flyer below for a list of items that are always in need.
As we head into the winter season, we are always looking for volunteers that can stay overnight when the Dickson YMCA opens our doors as a warming station for the homeless.
Volunteers must be 21 years old (or 18 if you are with a parent or guardian). Overnight shifts are from 7:00 pm to 1:00 am or 1:00 am to 7:00 am. Volunteer duties include serving dinner and packaging sandwiches and snacks for the day.
If you are interested in becoming a warming station volunteer, please call the Dickson YMCA at (615) 326-7070 and leave your contact info. Our warming station coordinator will follow-up with more details.
For more information about all the ways you can help with the Warming Station, please download the flyer below.
Did you know your purchases on Amazon could support the Dickson County Family YMCA? Just go to Amazon Smile and select the Dickson County Family YMCA as the non-profit you wish to support. It doesn't cost you anything extra, but a portion of the proceeds will go to support the Y.